Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 20th, 2015

Hey!

This week was alright. We are having trouble finding new investigators so we knocked doors and asked for referrals and stuff like that but we couldn´t find anyone. We taught one family: Walter and Hilda, this week and they are basically ready to be baptized so we are super excited for them. They went to church and we have a dinner appointment with them on Wednesday, well, my comp and his new companion because I am getting transferred out this week. :( I feel kinda sad and happy but it was great to work in Marcos Paz. I had a lot of ups and downs but in the end I feel like I grew a lot here spiritually. Elder Ortolano only has 2 months in the mission and now he has to lead the area and show his comp all the members and investigators and everything. I am kinda sad because I wont be able to see Walter and Hilda´s baptism but I know it will go well. Elder Ortolano is awesome.

Something interesting happened in Sacrament meeting: an old lady´s blood pressure started to rise a lot so she fainted in the middle of a member´s talk. The leaders in the ward picked her up and in 2 minutes she was on her way to the hospital. It was crazy how fast it was and then the member who was talking just continued speaking like nothing happened. It was crazy. We also had investigators there so hopefully they didn´t think anything of it....

Well the work goes on and the weather is starting to cool off and right now it is sweater weather. We expect that it will get cold next month so we are preparing for that.

So you guys are pretty busy! That´s good! And you bought Summer a car! A Honda Fit? Ha ha, I can´t wait to see Summer driving that! You should send me a picture. Where is she working? Is it far? That´s sad the Pathfinder is dying. It was such a fun car... I can´t believe how fast every one is growing up! Hannah and Mackenzie are finishing high school? That´s crazy! Hannah is going to BYU and where is Mackenzie going? BYU too? I am so happy for them!

Well, Have a great week!

Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment