Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6th, 2015

Hello,

I really enjoyed the General Conference, especially the talks by Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson. They are perfect for some of our investigators and I gained a new perspective on the Atonement and on God´s love and grace for us. I feel more love for Heavenly Father and His Son and I realize how great and special his sacrifice is and was. I liked that Elder Holland made a point about how in life we make a jump to grab the edge but all we do is scramble at the sand and loose dirt and then fall, but in my mission I have found the knowledge that our Savior will never let us fall. It is a great comfort to know this.

The rest of the week wasn´t that great because on Tuesday all public transport stopped so we couldn´t leave the apartment. The conditions on the streets are a little more dangerous so president didn´t want us to leave very far from the apartment. The other days we had many lessons with less actives and investigators. We had some good lessons filled with the spirit and we are doing better together as a team and Elder Ortolano is getting better everyday. He is adjusting very well to missionary life and loves every minute of it.

Other than that not much happened this week. Sorry this is kinda short but I don´t have that much time left. We are starting to move into Fall and I am happy to be a missionary.


Have a great week!


Elder Giles


Our district leader also came up with a fun game that we played. He had bought the big balloon and put in glitter and his comp was blowing it up with a bicycle pump (ha ha) and each of us in the district had to take turns sitting in the chair and answer a trivia question. It was fun and exciting. My comp in Rivadavia, Elder Ritchie ( who now is my zone leader, ha ha), had the balloon pop over him. It was funny.

So we had a district activity last Monday and we had chorizo sandwiches which is called "choripan!" It was delicious 

No comments:

Post a Comment