Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 14th



Saturday we had our baptism! It was such a wonderful experience for us and our investigator. She is pretty awesome! Elder Rivera and his last companion started teaching her in February I think and she was basically a golden investigator. She accepted everything that we taught her and it also helped that her father is a recent convert so she has an anchor in the church and he was very helpful in teaching her especially outside of lessons. Another special thing about her baptism is that her father did the baptizing! Elder Rivera and I are so happy for them! I am not able to send pictures because the USB on this computer is broken :(

Not much else happened this week. I am improving a lot in my ablilty to speak and understand Español and I am helping Elder Rivera in lessons, doing contacts, and other stuff like that. Yesturday (Sunday) we did mini divisions with Elder Araburú and Elder Hawkey. They came over to our area for a couple of hours to help us find new people to teach. Elder Araburú is one of our Zone leaders and he went with Elder Rivera and Elder Hawkey, who actually extended his mission a little bit to help train in other zones, came with me. Elder Hawkey was pretty awesome and set a really good example of how to do missionary work.

It is starting to get cold here, especially at night and in the early mornings. Now I get to use my sweaters!

I hope everything is going well for you all!

Les Amo,  Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment