Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 8th, 2014



It´s good to hear that you all are super busy! We are busy too! We have so many people to visit that the time doesn´t allow us to visit all of them, especially this week because Elder Walter F. Gonzalez, The Area Seventy and President of the area South America South, came and spoke to us on Wednesday when he took a tour of our mission. It was really cool to have him speak to us and share his insights in how we can be better missionaries. One part that he stressed a lot in his talk was about the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is what makes our church different form all other churches and it is the only way we can know if the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church. Another thing is that in the Intro to the Book of Mormon it has the testimony of Joseph Smith that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on the earth and is the key to our religion, and Elder Gonzalez mentioned that it is the most correct book because Jesus Christ himself proofread it when he visited the Americas! Ha ha, I thought that was pretty interesting.


I learned a lot from the talk from Elder Gonzalez about teaching a testifying about the Book of Mormon. Elder Navarrete and I have set a goal to teach from and talk more about the Book Of Mormon and I have definitely felt a difference in the week. I have felt more of the presence of the Holy Ghost in our lessons. Also, we started giving Books of Mormon to all of our investigators so that they can read it and discover for themselves and not us just talking the whole time. I have not seen any results from our efforts so far but I have faith that next week we will see more miracles as we continue to share the Book of Mormon!


The weather this week was pretty wet, it rained for basically the whole week so we have to trudge through mud to get to all of our lessons. But it´s fun! we are teaching a lot of people, especially a part-member family and all that are not members have baptismal dates for the 27th of September and went to church yesterday, so we are super excited for them! We also found about 5 new investigators yesterday so we have high hopes for more baptisms in October. we are teaching about 3 families continually throughout the weeks and they are progressing well! I will have to take and send pictures of them sometime.


My companion and I are doing great! My companion is really fun and is teaching me how to talk like people in Chile. It´s pretty funny. I am learning so much from him about Spanish and also how to be a better missionary.


Have a great week!


Elder Giles

There is a giant mate cup in our area!

My companion found a skateboard when we were running one morning and he decided to do something creative with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment