Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 16th, 2015

Hi!

My comp and I are getting along really well and we are working hard. Our next transfer day is the 11th of march, the same day as Elder Smith´s birthday. Haha! That just stinks! Elder Smith and I are thinking that I might leave the area because I have a little more time than him and this is our 2 nd transfer together. But we will see what happens. I also love the new shoes! they fit so much better and I put the insoles in too and they work great!  I love the skittles! Finally something sweet to munch on! Also a bunch of members are asking to try them too...


For my B-day we ate like three cakes. The first one we went to a family´s house and taught our progressing investigators there and then after the lesson, we ate the cake he had bought me. Then we went to the other side of the area and there the family had invited a friend who wasn´t a member so we sang happy birthday, ate some cake and then gave a short lesson. I was just sick of cake after that, even though it was super good! then the nest day in the evening we went to another family´s house and they had a surprise cake and empandas so that was awesome. 

Another cool thing happened this week: The traveling assistants came to Marcos Paz for a few days. I`m not sure if you had that it your mission but the travelling assistants go from area to area to help the missionaries there and on Friday they came and on Sunday after lunch they left. It was the coolest thing because one of them was my zone leader from my first zone in Caseros and they both were Assistants to the president together. I was with Elder Webster from Utah and Elder Smith was with Elder Garay from El Salvador. It was super cool to have them here and I learned a lot from them. While they were here we found a bunch of great new investigators and a few families so that was great. They are great missionaries and left a sense of happiness and excitement in the ward. It was also a little cramped in the apartment because it is only meant for 2 elders... ha ha

So now we have two investigators who have baptismal dates: David and Melody. Melody is an investigators from a few months ago and left during the month of January for vacation and now is back so we taught her again this week and she really wants to get baptized so we set her date for the 21st of February which is this week! Then David is a friend of a member family and he is progressing very well. We taught him the Plan of Salvation with my wooden puzzle and it went well and he accepted a date for the 14th of March! He loves church and loves the gospel and understands everything very well. Also the Family helps a lot because they do a daily scripture study with him out of the BOM.

The work is moving along in Marcos Paz and I am happy to be a missionary. I know this church and Gospel are true and if we follow Jesus Christ and his teachings we will come to know God better and feel his love everyday.
 
 
I am so happy that you guys are called to be Seminary teachers! It will be a great calling! 


Have a great week!

Elder Giles
 


So the church in my ward is awesome because it has a grass field out back when usually the churches have a concrete basketball/soccer field. It`s really nice!


 Elder Smith and I with the traveling assistants: Elder Webster and Elder Garay

No comments:

Post a Comment