Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th, 2015

Hey Mom,

Why are you so trunky? hahaha! I hope that in the homecoming party there will only be empanadas and milanesas! hahaha! just kidding. I really hope I don´t have to write an essay because it would be terrible. I think I would just have to write about gospel topics and the Argentine culture. So actually it could go well! hahaha. So when does Daniel get back? It thought he was getting back like at the beginning of December and then going straight to school? Did something change? or did he extend his mission? I guess that would be cool to speak together but I think we´ll have to do like a 2 hour long sacrament meeting because we´ll have so much to talk about. Also, When does the new Star Wars movie come out? It sounds super awesome!

So this week was pretty different. On Monday we had a district activity where we watched frozen ( because I had not seen it) then we played soccer and ate pizza. We were playing and I passed the ball to my comp but he is a little bit of a klutz in soccer so he stepped onto the ball wrong and fell on his hands but it was funny because in the act of falling he did like a half worm move, but he still scrapped up his hands pretty bad.

Then on Tuesday we had a normal day and had a great lesson with the Sanchez Family. Also their 14 year old daughter loves church so we took her to church on Sunday. Then on Wednesday I did companion exchanges with the elders in the area El Triangulo and I was with Elder Márquez who is from Mexico. Then on Thursday I went on splits with the other office elders and we went to capital in Buenos Aires to go get my package and so I tagged along because they had some appointments and things to do there. I can see now why president doesn´t want us to receive packages because it was a big hassle to get them. I was at the place for almost 3 hours just to get my package. But it was cool because the Elders from the Buenos Aires East mission showed up and they had come to pick up 22 packages for their missionaries. So I had some company and I helped them out a little so it was cool. Then we also went to the area offices and then we came back here.

On Friday my companion had to do paperwork for his visa so I went on splits again and it was pretty crazy and then halfway through the day we switched again and then the weather changed on us. In the morning it was hot and the sun was out then in the afternoon it rained super hard for about 20 mins and then the sun came out again. all in all it was a fun week.

Have a great week!

Elder Giles


Heather received this letter last week from the mission office secretary, Sis. Mitchell:

Sister Giles,

I am the mission Secretary and I have the privilege of working with your son in the offices. He is an outstanding missionary who loves what he is doing. I could tell the first time I met him, he was a good, hard worker. He had proved to be an excellent office Elder and has been able to help me on so many ways. He is very smart with our computers and can answer any question about them. He is very pleasant to be around and it has been a pleasure to get to know him. I hope he has enjoyed working with Elder Mitchell and myself. We sure were blessed to get 40 wonderful missionaries from the West mission, and they have really been a blessing for us. Thanks for sharing your son with us and we will take good care of him for 1 more transfer.


Have a great day.


Hermana Mitchell


Secretario, Mision Argentina Buenos Aires Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment