Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 18th, 2014


Hey!

We had transfers this week and I got moved to a city called Pontevedra with Elder Navarrete! We were transferred in an "event" that´s called a "white wash" where they take out both of the Elders in one area and put two new ones so my companion and I don´t know anything about our new area. So this past week we were getting to know members and some investigators. This area is completely different than my last area. In Santos Lugares the city was paved, clean and small and the people had a lot nicer houses, but here in Pontevedra, the only paved streets are in the city center and the main highways and the rest are dirt roads. The city isn´t the cleanest and the people are a lot more humble, but I am not complaining. I feel a lot more humble here and a lot more excited to work and teach and serve as much as I can. My companion is Elder Navarrete from Chile and he has 20 months in the mission. He has been all over the mission and the cool thing is that I met him in my last zone so the transition was a little easier. He and I are super excited to be working in our new area!

Could you send me a recipe for chocolate chip cookies? I have been dying to bake some...

I will send pictures next week!

Le Amo!
Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment