Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 25th, 2014

Hi!
Thanks for the chocolate chip cookie recipe! Now I just have to find the ingredients!

We have explored almost all of our area and it is very large because most of it is fields. I will try and take pictures this week so we will see how that goes. Spanish is coming along REALLY well. Everyone tells me that my Spanish is good even though the only reference they have is an elder who recently has finished training (one of the elders before us was from Utah). I am comfortable with speaking Spanish and I love teaching and talking with everyone. Elder Navarrete ( my companion) likes to speak English so I help him improve his English and he helps we with my Spanish. For meals, we eat with members for lunch everyday (except P-day) and occasionally we will have dinner. Dinner in Argentina is usually around 9 but when members invite us to eat dinner with them, it is usually around 7 or 8 because we have to be in the apartment at 9. When we don´t have dinner, we have a little snack in the apartment because there isn't much time for anything. In Santos Lugares and here in Pontevedra the members wash our clothes! It makes my life a little easier. In winter it was really easy to keep my clothes clean because I could wear a sweater and I didn´t sweat as much, but now that we are entering summer, it will be a little harder. Yes, I have emailed Elder Penaia for a few weeks and he is feeling a lot better and is so thankful for your support and in sending him stuff in Arizona. He is training a new missionary right now and is having a lot of fun with it!

Another thing about the weather. This week was super hot Monday through Friday, then Saturday it cooled off a little bit and then Sunday it hailed and then rained super hard and then the sun came out. Today it is super windy and cold. The weather in Argentina is crazy.

Have a great week!

Le Amo!
Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment