Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6th, 2014

October 6th, 2014

So this week was pretty exciting. Elder Bartold had left last Monday so Elder Lee and I worked hard until Thursday when he got a call from President Robertson that he will have to go work in the offices again because the current secretary was having back problems, so the next day, Friday, he went to the offices, and I got transferred out and our area would be closed again. So Friday I got sent to Rivadavia in the Castelar Stake with Elder Ritchie! He has been working in the area for only a week. This is the third time that I have been sent to an area where my companion and I hardly know anything. So it is another great opportunity to learn and grow.

Then on Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference at a member`s house in English and we also brought investigators to watch it too! It was awesome and they really enjoyed it. It was interesting that they had the General Authorities speak in their native language! So I got to listen to the voices of the English translators, which was cool. Did you have subtitles or did someone speak over and translate? I like Elder Joerg Klebingat`s talk and Elder Bednar`s talk. Elder Joerg Klebingat talked about 6 things that we should focus on during our life and it helps me understand and point out things that I need to work on. Then in Elder Bednar`s talk I liked when he said that we invite people to learn about the Gospel in order to enlarge and expand people`s knowledge and beliefs and not to change their or destroy them.


I have had some really good experiences with the Spirit this week in teaching and testifying of the power of the Atonement and that we can all be forgiven. We went to visit a less active member and talk with him a little bit about why he doesn`t go to church and stuff like that when I got the impression to ask him about how he is doing in keeping the commandments. So I told him that the only way to resolve his doubts about the church was to go and talk with the bishop to help him. When I said this the Spirit struck me in a way that I had never felt before and I am pretty sure he felt it too. It was like as it is described in the scriptures: like a javelin that pierces the heart. Then I continued on saying that through repentance and the Atonement, he can truly be happy.


I know that the Spirit of the Lord is in all of us and that if we focus on helping others and reaching out to meet their needs, He will tell us exactly what to say


Have a Great Week!


Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment