Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24th

This week was hard. We didn't do as much teaching as we needed to and we couldn't find any new people to teach. It´s hard to keep going during the day when all we do is walk from door to door, referral to referral and we can´t find any one. We also had a good amount of plans with members but it seemed that this week was the week of last minute changes and failing plans. We were a little discouraged this week. However, I found that it was my attitude, my attitude towards being exactly obedient. So this week we are going to be more faithful, more diligent, and more obedient.

This week we were going to have a baptism on the 29th, but we found out last Saturday when we taught the Word of Wisdom that she drinks coffee. So we are going to change her date to April because there has to be a 3 week period for an investigator to break a habit before they can be baptized. Elder Rivera and I are very sad because we were super excited about her baptism this week, but we have her and another investigator set for April so we are going to do our best to prepare these people for their dates.

The weather has been very good to us. It cooled off during the middle of the week and is starting to warm up again. We haven´t had much rain, so that´s good.

We are still looking for a new apartment. We have talked to a few inmobiliarias and have found a few candidates in our area that are closer to our capilla.

Elder Rivera and I were able to exercise our priesthood this week and gave 3 blessings of health to two of our investigators and one to a member in our area!

This week I had an amazing experience. One morning Elder Rivera and I were doing our usual practicing during companionship study about our pre-earth life. Elder Rivera asked me a very simple, but profound question. He asked me what I believed what our purpose was on this earth. After thinking it through and bouncing around ideas about what I actually believed in, I came to the conclusion that our purpose on this earth is to receive joy through having an eternal family.Heavenly Father´s greatest joy comes through us, his children, and that´s what he wants for us, to have joy through our posterity. When the answer came to me, the Holy Ghost was right there to tell me that it was true and I felt the most wonderful and amazing sensation come over me. I felt joy! I was so happy that I cried like a little baby. I felt the love of Heavenly Father and I know that he is the father of our spirits and that loves us so much that he is willing to put us through trials on this earth in order to obtain the same amount of love and joy that he has through an eternal family.

A good scripture to explain the plan of salvation is 2 Nephi 2:14-30

I am so happy to be a missionary and to serve the people of Argentina!

I love you all!
Elder Giles


Cake from the Familia Valle! they are members who live next to us



No comments:

Post a Comment